Our people make the difference.
Wright-Ryan has a “promote-from-within” culture. It’s what helps us create well-rounded project managers and field supervision. It helps to sustain our distinct service-focused company culture. We’ve won “Best Places to Work in Maine” and we know that sense of pride in the company carries over into our construction projects. Our people seek out better solutions, investigate innovative ideas, and have the initiative to take on unique and challenging projects.
Millwork/Cabinet Shop Manager
Wright-Ryan Construction is seeking a full time, experienced Millwork/Cabinet Shop Manager to supervise our Millwork Division. A minimum of 10 years of supervisory experience in a construction or woodworking setting, which includes 5 years of fine woodworking experience, is required.
The Millwork/Cabinet Shop Manager plays a key role in achieving the Division’s high quality, volume and profitability standards and objectives. This individual reports to and works closely with the General Manager of Homes to strategize on business opportunities, how they would be operationalized within Millwork and develops ideas and strategies to ensure ongoing profitability. Working primarily on custom homes, custom condominiums and occasional commercial projects, this individual is responsible for developing production schedules; prioritizing projects in order to meet top quality and timing deadlines; managing production costs by controlling negative manufacturing variances; creating accurate and timely forecasts; maintaining a safe, clean millwork shop environment; and supervising millwork staff to manage risks, minimize delays and foresee issues that could impact profitability. The Millwork/Cabinet Shop Manager communicates consistently Millwork staff, Wright-Ryan superintendents, project managers, field operations and others who represent end customers for millwork products to prevent delays and production problems.
As an employer of choice, Wright-Ryan is a Maine based company offering unparalleled quality, service to our clients, and meaningful work for each member of the Wright-Ryan team. Our experience and reputation allow each of us the opportunity to contribute to exciting and diverse projects in the commercial, institutional and residential markets. Our size fosters the camaraderie, sense of community and supportive environment key to our success. This, in turn, creates excellent opportunities for employees with a desire personal growth.
We appreciate your interest in employment with Wright-Ryan Construction. Please pay close attention to the “required” qualifications. If you meet these criteria, please email a resume and cover letter to the email address below. No phone calls please. If you are selected for a screening interview you will be contacted.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- Five years fine woodworking experience
- Lead or supervisory experience in a construction or woodworking setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of millwork pricing, production and profitability assumptions
- Ability to rapidly and accurately calculate and confirm mathematical calculations
- Ability to lead and accomplish company objectives by maintaining and fostering a strong sense of personal responsibility and urgency
- Ability to anticipate construction process issues and apply problem solving skills to identify work arounds to ensure the project schedule is not impacted
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, architects, suppliers, and the Wright-Ryan team (both orally and in writing)
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good judgment assessing criteria and choices, while working under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills and an ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local building codes, as well as construction safety standards
- Computer skills, which include MS Office, estimating, scheduling, and accounting software
Wright-Ryan offers a competitive employee benefits package that includes health, dental, life, short-term disability, retirement and paid time off.
Human Resources – Email: Jobs@wright-ryan.com
Wright-Ryan Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation.